Welcome to Harrison Township
Welcome to Harrison Township
- NOTICE: The Planning Commission Meeting scheduled for December 7, 2020 at 7pm will be held remotely. Zoom conference call technology will be used. Please contact the Township Secretary at SMotosicky@harrisontwo-pa.gov or (724) 226-1393 by 4:30pm on December 7, 2020 to obtain meeting log-in information. See Full Notice (PDF)
- Board of Commissioners Meeting – December 21, 2020 6:00 PM. NOTE: Please see important notice regarding this meeting on our Covid-19 Updates page.
Announcements & Events
- For a limited time only, Allegheny County will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties in 48 municipalities at a reduced cost to the applicant. The Allegheny County Vacant Property Recover Program (AVPRP) acquires blighted, tax delinquent properties and resells them to applicants for a reuse outlined in their application and approved by the municipality. For Program Guidelines and Application Information please view the 2020 Side Yard Program document.
- ORAL RABIES VACCINATION AREA NOTICE: Cooperating Federal, State, and county agencies are conducting an oral raccoon rabies baiting project in western Pennsylvania. A vaccine packet is coated or placed inside a fishmeal block, which is very tasty to raccoons. The baits are dropped from low-flying airplanes or helicopters, or by local teams on foot or in vehicles. The vaccine can NOT cause rabies. This year’s operation will run July 31, 2020 through September 10, 2020. Please make sure that your dog is on a leash! July 31-Aug 17, 2020 rabies vaccine baits are being distributed across Allegheny County, especially in parks. Please view the following attachments for further details:
- Visit our Fireworks FAQ page to learn about which types of fireworks residents are permitted to purchase and use, how these fireworks can and cannot be used and information regarding the permit application process for display fireworks. Learn more…
- SPRINGHILL ROAD PROJECT: Public Can Submit Questions, Concerns Online Starting June 15 at https://alleghenycounty.us/public-works/springhill-road-project.aspx Below is a press release from Allegheny County:
- PITTSBURGH – The Department of Public Works will be requesting public input online regarding an upcoming project on Springhill Road in Harrison Township starting on Monday, June 15, 2020. From then through Wednesday, July 15, the public will have the opportunity to read a project overview, watch a video presentation, and submit any questions and concerns via an online form by visiting http://alleghenycounty.us/Springhillroad.
- The project involves creation of a shared-used pedestrian and bicycle path on Springhill Road between North Canal Street and McWilliams Drive as well as various roadway improvements. It is intended to improve traffic flow, safety, and community connectivity, and it is part of a master plan to expand the Three Rivers Heritage Trail system.
- Public Works had planned to host a traditional public meeting regarding the project, but that is not currently possible due to COVID-19 safety concerns. In lieu of a meeting, it is providing the webpage described previously. When necessary, representatives from Public Works or its contractor, Michael Baker International, will respond to the questions and concerns received.
- The webpage’s content will be accessible to individuals with disabilities. Additionally, if you or an individual with whom you are familiar does not speak English as their primary language and who has a limited ability to read, write, speak, or understand English, or requires other special assistance to learn about the project and provide feedback, please contact Brent Wasko, Public Information Officer, at 412-350-2451.
- Please visit out COVID-19 Updates page to view the message for Waste Management in regards to update services and procedures sure to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT BAGSTER PROMOTION: Waste Management is offering a promotional code for $30 off Bagster Bag Collection. See promotional flyer for additional information and required promo code. (Offer expires 12/31/2020)
- Please Note: The Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Event for April 4 has been Cancelled.
- For a limited time only Allegheny County will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties in 47 municipalities at a reduced cost to the applicant. To learn more about the Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program and guidelines please view the attached flyer.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- 2020 Harrison Township Recycling Calendar
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations