Welcome to Harrison Township
- March 19, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- CANCELLED: March 21, 7:00 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- CANCELLED: March 25, 7:00 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting (Rescheduled for 3/28)
- March 28, 7:00 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- April 1, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- April 16, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
Announcements & Events
- Harrison Township Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday April 13, 2019 at 2:30 PM at Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Open to children 10 and under. Please register with child’s name, address, age, and phone number via email to email@example.com. For more event details please see event flyer.
- Harrison Township Recycling Collection Event Dates: April 27, 2019 and October 26, 2019. Please note: Registration is required. To register please see event flyer for more details or visit www.ecsr.net to schedule your appointment.
- Notice Regarding Board of Commissioners Meetings: Beginning January 2019 the Monthly Agenda and Regular meetings will begin at 7:00PM.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- Three “Little Book Houses” have been installed in the township in Sheldon Park, Village Green, and on Pond Street in Natrona. The houses make books available for residents to borrow and return, on the honor system. Residents are able to drop off books to be shared with the community. The little houses were built by students at the Forbes Road Career & Technology Center in Monroeville. The project was the idea of Heather Bigney, principal of the Highlands Early Childhood Center. Tarentum, Brackenridge, and Harrison Township participated in the project. Robin Bergstrom, Harrison Commissioner, coordinated the placement in Harrison Township and said “What we’re trying to do is catch areas where kids can’t walk to the library easily.
- 2019 Recycling Calendar
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Harrison Township 2018 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations