Welcome to Harrison Township
- June 21, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- June 25, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- July 2, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- July 19, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- July 17, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- July 23, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- 2018 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2018 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
Announcements & Events
- Township Offices will be closed Thursday June 14 in observance of Flag Day. Normal office hours will resume Friday June 15.
- 2018 Allegheny County Household Chemical and Hard to Recycle Collection Information
- Apply for your Property Tax or Rent Rebate by December 31, 2018 – You may be able to receive a state rebate on local property taxes or rent you paid in 2017. If you’re eligible, you have until the end of this year (December 31, 2018) to apply. This program is open to people who are 65 or older, widows and widowers 50 or older, and people with disabilities who are 18 or older and meet income eligibility guidelines. Homeowners with income up to $35,000 annually and renters with income up to $15,000 annually qualify. Applications and assistance is available at PA Rep. Frank Dermody’s office: 1331 Freeport Road; (724) 274-4770 – please bring proof of local property taxes and proof of income. Arrangements made be made to assist at your home if you are unable to visit the office – please call (724) 274-4770. Applications are also available at Department of Revenue district offices, local Area Agencies on Aging and www.revenue.pa.gov.
- August 1 & 2: Hometown Hoops Mini-camp Hosted by Allegheny County – Learn Basketball Skills from Local Coaches: Natrona Ballfield 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM, free for boys and girls ages 9-18. A free lunch will be provided at 12 noon each day. Pre-registration is required at least 24 hours in advance to be guaranteed a lunch. Proper Basketball attire is required. Visit alleghenycounty.us/parkprograms or call 412-350-2455. View Event Flyer
- State Route 28 Construction Notice: Through December 2018 road work will take place on SR 28, Section A55. Short term weekday lane closures and long-term weekend closures can be expected from time to time throughout the project. For additional project details including bridges and roads to be included in the road work please view the project notice from Lindy Paving.
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Construction on SR 1037 (Saxonburg Road) will begin March 26, 2018 with a project completion date of October 9, 2018. The project work includes utility relocation, landslide remediation, drainage improvements, bituminous pavement, guiderail and other miscellaneous construction. The project will require a full closure and detour of a portion of SR 1037-Saxonburg Road. Local driveway access will be maintained at all times. For additional details please view the notice letter and closure/detour map.
- North Hills Community Outreach addresses the needs of people in crisis, hardship, and poverty. Services include: food pantries, utility assistance, computer training, workable employment coaching, budget coaching and so much more. For more information and office location details please view the NHCO Flyer.
- Free GED program, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12 PM-2:30 PM, 1160 Parkside Drive, Brackenridge, lunch & childcare provided, register at the site. See flyer for more details.
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations