Welcome to Harrison Township
Announcements & Events
- For the year 2021, the Harrison Township Board of Commissioners will hold its regular public meetings remotely using Zoom conference call technology, until Section 5741 of Act 15 of 2020 expires or until further notice, whichever is sooner. Any member of the public who would like to participate must contact the Township Manager by 2:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (724) 226-1393 to obtain the meeting log-in information. Those who would like to offer public comment at the meeting must submit their comments in writing to the Township Manager via email at email@example.com or by mail sent to P.O. Box 376, Natrona Heights, PA 15065. All written comments must be received by the Township Manager by 2:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
- HOME COLLECTION PROGRAM FOR HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) and E-WASTE – As part of the residential solid waste contract with Waste Management, effective immediately, you have a convenient new opportunity to dispose of your household hazardous waste (HHW) – safely, easily and responsibly. Introducing the At Your Door Special Collection Program, a residential service offered by Waste Management to provide year-round collections for you. Click to See Waste Management Flyer for Full Details.
- Allegheny County Parks Annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program December 26, 2020 – January 14, 2021 – 2020 Christmas Tree Recycling Program Flyer
- For a limited time only, Allegheny County will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties in 48 municipalities at a reduced cost to the applicant. The Allegheny County Vacant Property Recover Program (AVPRP) acquires blighted, tax delinquent properties and resells them to applicants for a reuse outlined in their application and approved by the municipality. For Program Guidelines and Application Information please view the 2020 Side Yard Program document.
- Visit our Fireworks FAQ page to learn about which types of fireworks residents are permitted to purchase and use, how these fireworks can and cannot be used and information regarding the permit application process for display fireworks. Learn more…
- Please visit out COVID-19 Updates page to view the message for Waste Management in regards to update services and procedures sure to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
- Please Note: The Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Event for April 4 has been Cancelled.
- For a limited time only Allegheny County will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties in 47 municipalities at a reduced cost to the applicant. To learn more about the Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program and guidelines please view the attached flyer.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- 2020 Harrison Township Recycling Calendar
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations