Welcome to Harrison Township
Silver Lake Park in Harrison will be getting a face-lift in the spring!
- January 18, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- January 22, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- January 31, 7:00 – Tree Committee Meeting at the Township Office
- February 26, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- 2018 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2018 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
Announcements & Events
- Notice of Sewer Construction Work (REVISED 1-17-18)
- Harrison Township is announcing the road closure/detour of River Avenue (Brackenridge-Natrona Road) in Lower Natrona, Harrison Township, Allegheny County for a sewer construction project. The detour will become effective at 7:00 a.m., Monday, January 22, 2018 and is expected to continue for approximately two weeks depending on weather conditions and construction progress. The detour route will be posted.
- The detour will be in place 24 hours/day until the work is complete. The detour consists of the closure of River Avenue between Mile Lock Lane and Federal Street and the closure of Federal Street from River Avenue to Vine Street, AKA Argonne Drive. Traffic within the closed section of River Avenue will be limited to local traffic, emergency vehicles and authorized construction vehicles. Local traffic, emergency vehicles and construction vehicles will be able to access River Avenue except for the area where the actual construction will take place between Chestnut Street and Church Alley which is located between Chestnut Street and Garfield Street.
- North bound traffic on River Avenue will be detoured to Mile Lock Lane then right on Freeport Road (SR 1001), right on Springhill Road to North Canal Street to Federal Street.
- Traffic traveling south on North Canal Street to Federal Street will begin the detour at the intersection of Federal Street and Vine Street, AKA Argonne Drive. Traffic will be detoured right onto Vine Street/Argonne Drive. The Detour continues along Argonne Drive to left on Freeport Road (SR 1001). Follow Freeport Road (SR 1001) to the intersection of PA Route 366. Turn left onto PA Route 366 East, bear right onto the First Avenue Exit, continuing on First Avenue (Brackenridge-Natrona Road) through the Boroughs of Tarentum and Brackenridge to the intersection with Mile Lock Lane, end of detour.
- View Revised Detour Plan
- River Avenue Road Closure/Detour Scheduled to Start Jan. 22, 2018 – Please view Press Release for details.
- PennDOT is in the process of preparing highway construction plans for S.R. 1037 (Saxonburg Road). Traffic control for this project will consist of a full closure and detour. The detour will utilize Freeport Road and Bakerstown/Millerstown Road to bypass the closed portion of the roadway. Construction is anticipated to begin in March 2018 and finish by early fall. For additional details please view the notice letter from PennDOT.
- Effective January 1, 2018, Harrison Township has contracted with Waste Management as the exclusive trash and recycling hauler for residents. Only two bids were received from contractors and Waste Management had the low bid. Although the cost is higher than the previous contract, the quarterly charge is locked in for three years; many other municipalities in the region have annual increases in their rates. For more information please view Harrison Township Trash & Recycling Service Information from Waste Management and visit our Garbage and Recycling page.
- More than a job – it’s a career that changes lives. If you’re looking for a job in healthcare, look at the opportunities at Allegheny Valley Hospital. AVH Career Opportunities Flyer
- North Hills Community Outreach addresses the needs of people in crisis, hardship, and poverty. Services include: food pantries, utility assistance, computer training, workable employment coaching, budget coaching and so much more. For more information and office location details please view the NHCO Flyer.
- Free GED program, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12 PM-2:30 PM, 1160 Parkside Drive, Brackenridge, lunch & childcare provided, register at the site. See flyer for more details.
- On March 1, 2017 the Board of Commissioners accepted an amendment to the Chapter 13 Ordinance regarding Door-to-Door Solicitation. For more information click here.
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations