Welcome to Harrison Township
- January 21, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- January 27, 7:00 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- February 3, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- February 18, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
Announcements & Events
- For a limited time only Allegheny County will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties in 47 municipalities at a reduced cost to the applicant. To learn more about the Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program and guidelines please view the attached flyer.
- Click here for a picture gallery from the May 19, 2019 Touch-a-Truck event as presented by the Harrison Township Recreation Board. The event was shared with over 1,500 children and adults of all ages.
- Harrison Township is seeking volunteers for the War Memorial Restoration Committee. Please call the Township office at 724-226-1393 if you would like to volunteer.
- Notice Regarding Board of Commissioners Meetings: Beginning January 2019 the Monthly Agenda and Regular meetings will begin at 7:00PM.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- 2019 Recycling Calendar
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations