Welcome to Harrison Township
Earth day 2018 – April 21 2018
- 110 volunteers
- 290 bags
- 126 tires
- 18 TV’s
- 4 shopping carts
- 3 large vehicle parts
- 7 miscellaneous items
- Miscellaneous wood pieces
- May 24, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- May 29, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- June 4, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- June 19, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- June 25, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- 2018 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2018 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
Announcements & Events
- Memorial Day Notices:
- The Township offices will be closed on Monday May 28 in observance of the holiday. Normal office hours will resume on Tuesday May 29.
- Garbage and recycling collection will not take place on Monday May 28 due to the holiday. The garbage and recycling collection schedule for the balance of the week will be pushed forward one day.
- 2018 Allegheny County Household Chemical and Hard to Recycle Collection Information
- Harrison Township is honored and excited to be featured in Sustainable Pittsburgh’s latest newsletter for last year’s street light upgrade! Spotlight details: “After replacing over 2,740 street lights with LED bulbs, Harrison Township is saving about $5,000 every month in energy costs. Faith Payne, Executive Secretary, says, ‘All it took was our approval and signature!’ Besides saving money, the lights have been well-received by the community, because they provide better light and cast a wider area of light than the previous type of bulbs.”
- Highlands Relay for Life is holding their 16th annual event on Saturday, June 2nd from 10 am to 10 pm at the Highlands Golden Rams Soccer field. The family-friendly event is a day of entertainment, vendors, food trucks and games, concluding with a gigantic fireworks display! Join us at this fun-filled community event and help support the American Cancer Society!
- State Route 28 Construction Notice: Through December 2018 road work will take place on SR 28, Section A55. Short term weekday lane closures and long-term weekend closures can be expected from time to time throughout the project. For additional project details including bridges and roads to be included in the road work please view the project notice from Lindy Paving.
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Construction on SR 1037 (Saxonburg Road) will begin March 26, 2018 with a project completion date of October 9, 2018. The project work includes utility relocation, landslide remediation, drainage improvements, bituminous pavement, guiderail and other miscellaneous construction. The project will require a full closure and detour of a portion of SR 1037-Saxonburg Road. Local driveway access will be maintained at all times. For additional details please view the notice letter and closure/detour map.
- North Hills Community Outreach addresses the needs of people in crisis, hardship, and poverty. Services include: food pantries, utility assistance, computer training, workable employment coaching, budget coaching and so much more. For more information and office location details please view the NHCO Flyer.
- Free GED program, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12 PM-2:30 PM, 1160 Parkside Drive, Brackenridge, lunch & childcare provided, register at the site. See flyer for more details.
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations