Welcome to Harrison Township
Christmas tree arrives in Harrison — and it’s huge
“Part of Harrison will look more like Rockefeller Center in New York City this holiday season thanks to a donated 40-foot Christmas tree.”
Read the full article and see the video at the TribLive.com
- November 14, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- November 16, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- November 20, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- December 4, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- 2017 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2017 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- REMINDER TO RESIDENTS – Under Harrison Township Ordinace it is illegal to rake or blow leaves out into the street and leave them there. Doing so will cause the storm sewers to clog and lead to flooding. Although the street sweeper is making daily trips and will collect whats falls into the street they cannot monitor big piles of leaves along the curb. Thank you for your cooperation!
Announcements & Events
- Harrison Township Municipal Building Holiday Hours:
- November 23 and 24: Closed
- December 22: Closing at 12 noon
- December 25: Closed
- December 29: Closing at 12 noon
- January 1: Closed
- December 19 at 6pm a Public Hearing will be held at the Harrison Township Municial Building regarding Permit Applications recieved by the Allegheny County Health Department as well as the Health Department’s intent to issue or modify permits. The hearing will also pertain to the Health Department’s intent to issue or modify Installation permits and Title V Operating permits for ATI. Please see the following two documents for full details:
- More than a job – it’s a career that changes lives. If you’re looking for a job in healthcare, look at the opportunities at Allegheny Valley Hospital. AVH Career Opportunities Flyer
- Applications will be accepted for Planning Commission alternates and Harrison Township Tree Committee. Please complete the appointment application and return to Faith Payne, Executive Secretary, by Friday, December 1, 2017. View and Download Appointment Application Here.
- North Hills Community Outreach addresses the needs of people in crisis, hardship, and poverty. Services include: food pantries, utility assistance, computer training, workable employment coaching, budget coaching and so much more. For more information and office location details please view the NHCO Flyer.
- Free GED program, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12 PM-2:30 PM, 1160 Parkside Drive, Brackenridge, lunch & childcare provided, register at the site. See flyer for more details.
- On March 1, 2017 the Board of Commissioners accepted an amendment to the Chapter 13 Ordinance regarding Door-to-Door Solicitation. For more information click here.
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations