Welcome to Harrison Township
- February 22, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- February 26, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- March 5, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- 2018 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2018 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Note from the Zoning & Ordinance Department: With the winter season upon us, we would like to remind you of the responsibility to keep the sidewalks and walking paths around your property clear of snow and ice. When removing snow and ice from your property, or when contracting with someone to have it removed, please be considerate of the pedestrians in the area and make sure that there is a clear walking path. Do not shovel or deposit snow onto streets. For business owners, make arrangements to clear walkways and lots and that the piles of snow plowed out of lots aren’t blocking the pedestrian walkways. Violations of the parts listed may result in clean-up tickets or citations with a penalty of up to $300. Thank you.
Announcements & Events
- Harrison Township Easter Egg Hunt 2018 – registration by March 16 at https://goo.gl/forms/pMTfSLnI5md25G0m2
- State Route 28 Construction Notice: Through December 2018 road work will take place on SR 28, Section A55. Short term weekday lane closures and long-term weekend closures can be expected from time to time throughout the project. For additional project details including bridges and roads to be included in the road work please view the project notice from Lindy Paving.
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Scam Alert Notice From West Penn Power – If a caller threatens to shut off your power unless immediate payment is made, HANG UP! It’s a scam. West Penn Power has received numerous calls and emails that this scam is going around in Fayette County and Westmoreland County. If you have any questions concerning your account, please call the West Penn Power contact center at 800-686-0021. For more information on scams, please visit https://www.firstenergycorp.com/help/safety/scam-info.html.
- The Harrison Township Board of Commissioners have acted, at the January 18, 2018 public meeting, to proclaim the month of April 2018 as PA 811 Safe Digging Month in Harrison Township. We take this opportunity to congratulate PA One Call on its 46th anniversary of service to the public by offering a vital service to prevent damage to underground utility lines. A copy of the Proclamation will be posted in the Township building and can also be viewed here.
- PennDOT is in the process of preparing highway construction plans for S.R. 1037 (Saxonburg Road). Traffic control for this project will consist of a full closure and detour. The detour will utilize Freeport Road and Bakerstown/Millerstown Road to bypass the closed portion of the roadway. Construction is anticipated to begin in March 2018 and finish by early fall. For additional details please view the notice letter from PennDOT.
- Effective January 1, 2018, Harrison Township has contracted with Waste Management as the exclusive trash and recycling hauler for residents. Only two bids were received from contractors and Waste Management had the low bid. Although the cost is higher than the previous contract, the quarterly charge is locked in for three years; many other municipalities in the region have annual increases in their rates. For more information please view Harrison Township Trash & Recycling Service Information from Waste Management and visit our Garbage and Recycling page.
- More than a job – it’s a career that changes lives. If you’re looking for a job in healthcare, look at the opportunities at Allegheny Valley Hospital. AVH Career Opportunities Flyer
- North Hills Community Outreach addresses the needs of people in crisis, hardship, and poverty. Services include: food pantries, utility assistance, computer training, workable employment coaching, budget coaching and so much more. For more information and office location details please view the NHCO Flyer.
- Free GED program, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12 PM-2:30 PM, 1160 Parkside Drive, Brackenridge, lunch & childcare provided, register at the site. See flyer for more details.
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations