Welcome to Harrison Township
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at the Municipal Building.
- March 27, 7:30 PM – Board Meeting
- April 3, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- April 20, 7:30 PM – Agenda Meeting
- April 24, 7:30 PM – Board Meeting
- 2017 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2017 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
Announcements & Events
- Harrison Township is recruiting pre-commitment sponsorships for 100 large street power pole banners. 90 along Freeport Road and 10 along River Road. If you are interested in sponsoring a banner as a business or individual/organization/family, please fill out the form linked here.
- On March 1, 2017 the Board of Commissioners accepted an amendment to the Chapter 13 Ordinance regarding Door-to-Door Solicitation. For more information click here.
- Friends of Harrison Hills Park April Fool’s Day Wildflower Hike
- 2017 Earth Day HHW Information Available Now – Pre-registration is required for this event. See flyer for full details including costs, accepted materials and how to register.
- Harrison Township is recruiting for a full time Zoning & Ordinance Officer. Interested candidates please click the link below for details:
- The April 22 5K run/walk has been cancelled. It will be rescheduled for a later date.
- The Harrison Township Earth Day 2017 Committee is sponsoring a clean-up event for 15 senior citizens in Harrison Township on Earth Day, April 22, 2017.
- If you know a senior who could use assistance cleaning up trash and junk on their property, call the Township Office at 724 226 1393
- Post a flier to get the word out!
- VFW Post 894 Weekly BINGO is back! For details click here.
- Tax site closed: AARP TaxAide will no longer be assisting clients at the Harrison Township Municipal Building.
- This service will continue to be offered at the Highlands Area Senior Center located at Dalton’s Edge 704 2nd Ave Tarentum, PA 15084
- Hours will be Wednesday and Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm from February 1 through the end of tax season.
- Appointments are required – Call 724 224 1552
- April 13, 2017: A Ceremony Honoring US Vietnam War Veterans sponsored by Sen. Vulakovich
- Rabies Bait Information
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Unconventional Gas Well Fund Usage Report