Welcome to Harrison Township
Meetings & Events
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at the Municipal Building.
- Agenda Meeting: January 18, 2017 7:30 PM
- Board of Commissioners Meeting: January 23, 2017 7:30 PM
- Tax site closed: AARP TaxAide will no longer be assisting clients at the Harrison Township Municipal Building.
- This service will continue to be offered at the Highlands Area Senior Center located at Dalton’s Edge 704 2nd Ave Tarentum, PA 15084
- Hours will be Wednesday and Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm from February 1 through the end of tax season.
- Appointments are required – Call 724 224 1552
- Christmas Tree Recycling
- Residents can drop off Christmas trees for recycling (to be used as mulch in Allegheny County parks) starting December 26, 2016 through January 16, 2017 at Harrison Hills Park at the intersection of Chimpunk & Cottontail Dr. during normal park hours (dawn to dusk).
- Valley News Dispatch Article about TreeVitalize partnership and first tree planting.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- The regulations related to open burning in Harrison Township are the same as the regulations approved by Allegheny County. Open Burning Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Leaves MUST be collected; leaves are NOT to be put in the street and NOT put out for garbage pickup but paper bagged for Township Public works to pickup. Depositing Leaves on the Street