Welcome to Harrison Township
- July 19, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- July 17, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- July 23, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- August 6, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- 2018 Recycling Calendar (Revised 7/6/18)
- Harrison Township 2018 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
Announcements & Events
- ATTENTION RESIDENTS: A correction has been made to the previously posted 2018 Recycling Calendar. Please refer to the link above in “Important Information” for the most recent, corrected schedule.
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- Allegheny County 2018 Side Yard and Blighted Structure Program applications due on August 31, 2018. Please view notice for additional details.
- 2018 Allegheny County Household Chemical and Hard to Recycle Collection Information
- Apply for your Property Tax or Rent Rebate by December 31, 2018 – You may be able to receive a state rebate on local property taxes or rent you paid in 2017. If you’re eligible, you have until the end of this year (December 31, 2018) to apply. This program is open to people who are 65 or older, widows and widowers 50 or older, and people with disabilities who are 18 or older and meet income eligibility guidelines. Homeowners with income up to $35,000 annually and renters with income up to $15,000 annually qualify. Applications and assistance is available at PA Rep. Frank Dermody’s office: 1331 Freeport Road; (724) 274-4770 – please bring proof of local property taxes and proof of income. Arrangements made be made to assist at your home if you are unable to visit the office – please call (724) 274-4770. Applications are also available at Department of Revenue district offices, local Area Agencies on Aging and www.revenue.pa.gov.
- August 1 & 2: Hometown Hoops Mini-camp Hosted by Allegheny County – Learn Basketball Skills from Local Coaches: Natrona Ballfield 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM, free for boys and girls ages 9-18. A free lunch will be provided at 12 noon each day. Pre-registration is required at least 24 hours in advance to be guaranteed a lunch. Proper Basketball attire is required. Visit alleghenycounty.us/parkprograms or call 412-350-2455. View Event Flyer
- State Route 28 Construction Notice: Through December 2018 road work will take place on SR 28, Section A55. Short term weekday lane closures and long-term weekend closures can be expected from time to time throughout the project. For additional project details including bridges and roads to be included in the road work please view the project notice from Lindy Paving.
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Free GED program, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12 PM-2:30 PM, 1160 Parkside Drive, Brackenridge, lunch & childcare provided, register at the site. See flyer for more details.
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations