Welcome to Harrison Township
- December 3, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- December 13, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- December 17, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
Announcements & Events
- Board of Commissioners are accepting resident applications for Township boards and commissioners for future openings. Applications will be kept on file. Boards and Commissions include Planning, Zoning, Recreation, Water Authority, Upper Allegheny Sewer Authority, Civil Service, Vacancy Board, Uniform Construction, Planning Commission and Tree Committee. Civil Service Applications must be submitted by December 10, 2018. Planning Commission Applications must be submitted by December 12, 2018.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- Three “Little Book Houses” have been installed in the township in Sheldon Park, Village Green, and on Pond Street in Natrona. The houses make books available for residents to borrow and return, on the honor system. Residents are able to drop off books to be shared with the community. The little houses were built by students at the Forbes Road Career & Technology Center in Monroeville. The project was the idea of Heather Bigney, principal of the Highlands Early Childhood Center. Tarentum, Brackenridge, and Harrison Township participated in the project. Robin Bergstrom, Harrison Commissioner, coordinated the placement in Harrison Township and said “What we’re trying to do is catch areas where kids can’t walk to the library easily.
- ATTENTION RESIDENTS: A correction has been made to the previously posted 2018 Recycling Calendar. 2018 Recycling Calendar (Revised 7/6/18)
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- 2018 Allegheny County Household Chemical and Hard to Recycle Collection Information
- Apply for your Property Tax or Rent Rebate by December 31, 2018 – You may be able to receive a state rebate on local property taxes or rent you paid in 2017. If you’re eligible, you have until the end of this year (December 31, 2018) to apply. This program is open to people who are 65 or older, widows and widowers 50 or older, and people with disabilities who are 18 or older and meet income eligibility guidelines. Homeowners with income up to $35,000 annually and renters with income up to $15,000 annually qualify. Applications and assistance is available at PA Rep. Frank Dermody’s office: 1331 Freeport Road; (724) 274-4770 – please bring proof of local property taxes and proof of income. Arrangements made be made to assist at your home if you are unable to visit the office – please call (724) 274-4770. Applications are also available at Department of Revenue district offices, local Area Agencies on Aging and www.revenue.pa.gov.
- State Route 28 Construction Notice: Through December 2018 road work will take place on SR 28, Section A55. Short term weekday lane closures and long-term weekend closures can be expected from time to time throughout the project. For additional project details including bridges and roads to be included in the road work please view the project notice from Lindy Paving.
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Harrison Township 2018 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations