Welcome to Harrison Township
- August 26, 7:00 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- September 9, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- September 17, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- September 19, 7:00 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- September 23, 7:00 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
Announcements & Events
- The annual Walk for Hunger sponsored by Allegheny Valley Association of Churches will be held this year on October 13, 2019. The Walk begins in the Heights Plaza parking area and ends at Faith Lutheran Church with a light meal. Registration for the Walk starts at 1:00 pm and step off for the Walk is at 1:30 pm. All Walkers are asked to solicit donations from family and friends. All monies collected will support the Food Bank sponsored by AVAC. A Walk for Hunger T-shirt is given to all Walkers who have solicited pledges. Please call 724-226-0606 or 724-265-3742 for additional information.
- For a limited time only Allegheny County will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties in 47 municipalities at a reduced cost to the applicant. To learn more about the Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program and guidelines please view the attached flyer.
- Click here for a picture gallery from the May 19, 2019 Touch-a-Truck event as presented by the Harrison Township Recreation Board. The event was shared with over 1,500 children and adults of all ages.
- Agenda Meeting Cancellations: The Board of Commissioners Agenda Meetings for April 18, May 23, June 20, July 18, and August 22, 2019 have been cancelled.
- Harrison Township is seeking volunteers for the War Memorial Restoration Committee. Please call the Township office at 724-226-1393 if you would like to volunteer.
- Harrison Township Recycling Collection Event: October 26, 2019. Please note: Registration is required. To register please see event flyer for more details or visit www.ecsr.net to schedule your appointment.
- Notice Regarding Board of Commissioners Meetings: Beginning January 2019 the Monthly Agenda and Regular meetings will begin at 7:00PM.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- 2019 Recycling Calendar
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations