Welcome to Harrison Township
Harrison Township Earth Day April 22, 2017 Cleanup
Video by Mark Loya and Josh Nulph
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at the Municipal Building.
- Public meeting Open House for review of Harrison Township Biking/Walking Corridor planning and design project: Monday, June 26, 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. This is an opportunity for interested residents and businesses to review the preliminary concept design plans for the biking/walking trail design three phases, #1 Mile Lock to the Plaza, #2 Springhill Road to Harrison Hills Park, and #3 along River Road and Springhill Road in Natrona. This design project is funded by the Active Allegheny grant through Allegheny County and the Mellon Foundation.
- June 26, 7:30 PM – Board Meeting
- July 7, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- 2017 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2017 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
Announcements & Events
- Free Allegheny Drifters Bluegrass Concert Saturday July, 8. 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM at the Environmental Learning Center Harrison Hills Park Natrona Heights, Yakaon Pavillion. For additional details please see event flyer.
- Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program 2017 Side Yard and Blighted Structure Program – For a limited time only, the Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties for side yards to an owner-occupied primary residence or blighted structure remediation at a reduced cost to the applicant. For additional details please view the Side Yard and Blighted Structure Fact Sheet. Additionally, the application, which contains additional details about the Program guidelines, can be accessed at www.alleghenycounty.us/VPRP.
- FOOD VENDORS – Food Vendor Registration for the Harrison Harvest Festival is taking place now! The Harvest Festival will take place on September 9, 2017 at OLMBS Field. For additional details or to complete the registration form click here.
- Save the date! Fall Harvest Festival, September 9 2017 from 11 AM to 4 PM!
- Allegheny County Parks Department’s annual “Hometown Hoops” mini-camp will be held at the Natrona Park on August 4. A free box lunch will be provided at noon, proper basketball attire is required. Parents or guardians may register participants online at 1) apm.activecommunities.com/alleghenyparks, 2) hometownhoops@allegheny county.us, 3) or by calling 412-350-2455 at least 24 hours in advance.
- Harrison Township is inviting applications for alternate members of the Planning Commission. Interested Township residents can complete the attached application and return to Faith Payne, Executive Secretary no later than June 26, 2017. Download Application (PDF)
- VFW POST 894 FARMERS MARKET – Every Monday from June 5th – October 30th – 2pm – 6pm – Natrona Heights Pavilion. Please see the event flyer for full details and vendor information.
- On March 1, 2017 the Board of Commissioners accepted an amendment to the Chapter 13 Ordinance regarding Door-to-Door Solicitation. For more information click here.
- 2017 Hazardous Chemical and Hard to Recycle Collection Calendar for Western PA Counties (PDF Flyer)
- Rabies Bait Information
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Unconventional Gas Well Fund Usage Report