Welcome to Harrison Township
Unification Wall to be built along the Natrona Comes Together Association Public Garden in Natrona.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at the Municipal Building.
- August 23, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Agenda Meeting
- August 28, 7:30 PM – Board of Commissioners Meeting
- August 29, 6:30 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- September 11, 7:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting
- 2017 Recycling Calendar
- Harrison Township 2017 Budget
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
Announcements & Events
- Recycle electronics, paints, and other chemical products Saturday, October 28, Township office parking lot – details to follow!
- The Township of Harrison is offering for sale to the highest bidder, four pieces of used Township equipment, until 3 PM, August 28, 2017. For Additional Details Please View the Vehicle Bid Flyer.
- Birdville Troop 186’s 16th Annual Fall Barbeque! Sunday August 27 from 11am to 5pm at Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament Church in Natrona Heights. View Event Flyer for More Details.
- Friends of Harrison Hills Park August Calendar
- Cooperating Federal, State and county agencies are conducting an oral raccoon rabies baiting project in western Pennsylvania from August to September. For FAQs and additional details on the project please see project flier.
- Natrona Comes Together Association’s Summer activities schedule. Ton of special events and activities for children and families. Everyone welcome. View Event Schedule.
- U.S. Census Bureau temporary positions
- Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program 2017 Side Yard and Blighted Structure Program – For a limited time only, the Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program will be accepting applications to acquire vacant properties for side yards to an owner-occupied primary residence or blighted structure remediation at a reduced cost to the applicant. For additional details please view the Side Yard and Blighted Structure Fact Sheet. Additionally, the application, which contains additional details about the Program guidelines, can be accessed at www.alleghenycounty.us/VPRP.
- Save the date! Fall Harvest Festival, October 14 2017 from 2 PM to dark! Interested vendors please apply with the attached application link: Harrison Harvest Festival Vendor Registration
- Allegheny County Parks Department’s annual “Hometown Hoops” mini-camp will be held at the Natrona Park on August 4. A free box lunch will be provided at noon, proper basketball attire is required. Parents or guardians may register participants online at 1) apm.activecommunities.com/alleghenyparks, 2) hometownhoops@allegheny county.us, 3) or by calling 412-350-2455 at least 24 hours in advance.
- VFW POST 894 FARMERS MARKET – Every Monday from June 5th – October 30th – 2pm – 6pm – Natrona Heights Pavilion. Please see the event flyer for full details and vendor information.
- On March 1, 2017 the Board of Commissioners accepted an amendment to the Chapter 13 Ordinance regarding Door-to-Door Solicitation. For more information click here.
- 2017 Hazardous Chemical and Hard to Recycle Collection Calendar for Western PA Counties (PDF Flyer)
- Rabies Bait Information
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Unconventional Gas Well Fund Usage Report