Welcome to Harrison Township
Meetings & Events
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at the Municipal Building.
- Agenda meeting Wednesday 12/14/16 7:30 pm
- Board of Commissioners meeting Monday 12/19/2016 7:30 pm
- Now hiring: Zoning and Ordinance Officer – applications accepted through December 9, 2016.
- Valley News Dispatch Article about TreeVitalize partnership and first tree planting.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- The regulations related to open burning in Harrison Township are the same as the regulations approved by Allegheny County. Open Burning Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Leaves MUST be collected; leaves are NOT to be put in the street and NOT put out for garbage pickup but paper bagged for Township Public works to pickup. Depositing Leaves on the Street
- Weeds and Vegetation: Grass and weeds cannot exceed 6 inches, and “sight obstructions” such as hedges, shrubs, trees, and underbrush cannot unreasonably interfere with the vision of pedestrians or motorists so as to create danger to those using streets and sidewalks. Weeds and Vegetation Ordinance (PDF)
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)