Welcome to Harrison Township
- Board of Commissioners Board of Commissioners Meeting Agenda November 27, 2023 Amended 11/24/2023
- ATTENTION RESIDENTS: Applications for Boards/Authorities/Commissions until December 11, 2023 for the following:
- Planning Commission – 4 year term 1 position
- Zoning Hearing Board – 3 year term 1 position
- Water Authority Board – 5 year term 1 position
- Upper Allegheny Joint Authority Board – 5 year term 1 position
- Civil Service Board – 6 year term 1 position
- Vacancy Board – 1 year term 1 position
- UCC Hearing Board – no expiration 1 position
- Tree Committee – 2 year term 7 positions
Applications are available in the Township Office and HERE
- Proposed 2024 Budget for review. Please note that the budgeting process is just that, an estimate for 2024. It represents prioritized projects as established by the Board of Commissioners and Township Staff. The Board of Commissioners is pleased to announce the 2024 Budget does not require a tax increase and is a decrease in the General Fund Budget from 2023 reflecting a decrease in revenue. Salaries in the budget are placeholders and do not reflect actual salaries. Any non-uniform employee will have their salary passed by the Board of Commissioners via Resolution in December.
- TOWNSHIP ORDINANCE FOR DEPOSITING SNOW, LEAVES AND GRASS ON STREETS: Please do not rake fall leaves or shovel winter snow onto the street. The Public Works street sweeper cannot pick up fall leaves. Township snowplows cannot effectively clear the Township streets with residents putting their snow to the street. Failure to comply with this ordinance can result in up to a $300 fine. View this flier for more information.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT 2024 RATE STRUCTURE: Rates for 2024
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- HOME COLLECTION PROGRAM FOR HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) and E-WASTE – As part of the residential solid waste contract with Waste Management, effective immediately, you have a convenient new opportunity to dispose of your household hazardous waste (HHW) – safely, easily and responsibly. Introducing the At Your Door Special Collection Program, a residential service offered by Waste Management to provide year-round collections for you. Click to See Waste Management Flyer for Full Details. Note: Senior Citizens are eligible for a discount, please call the 800 number on your Waste Management bill to receive discount.
- Visit our Fireworks FAQ page to learn about which types of fireworks residents are permitted to purchase and use, how these fireworks can and cannot be used and information regarding the permit application process for display fireworks. Learn more…
- Harrison Township 2023 Final Approved Budget (PDF)
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations