Welcome to Harrison Township
Welcome to Harrison Township
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Announcements & Events
- 2022 Proposed General Fund Budget (PDF)
- !!! ATTENTION !!! DUE TO STAFFING ISSUES ZONING AND ORDINANCE VISITS WILL BE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- PLEASE CALL 724-224-9540 ext. 111 or 121 LEAVE A MESSAGE IF NO ONE ANSWERS. A RETURN CALL WILL BE MADE WITHIN 48 HRS. WE APOLIGIZE FOR ANY INCONVIENCE.
- HARRISON TOWNSHIP BOARDS AND COMMITTEE VACANCIES – Harrison Township is currently accepting applications to fill a vacancy on the Harrison Township Water Authority. Interested applicants should complete the Appointment Application (PDF) and return to the Township Manager by February 22, 2022. Applications can be returned to the Municipal Building located at One Municipal Drive, Natrona Heights, PA 15065 or via email to email@example.com.
- ATTENTION RESIDENTS: Beginning May 24, 2021, the Harrison Township Board of Commissioners will hold its regular public meetings for the year 2021 in person, at the Harrison Township Municipal Building, One Municipal Drive, Natrona Heights, PA 15065. Said meetings will be held on the fourth Monday of each month, beginning at 6:00 p.m., with the exception of the December meeting, which will be held on the third Monday. Please note the following attendance requirements: (1) Due to occupancy limitations imposed by the State and social distancing requirements, a maximum number of individuals permitted in the meeting room will be imposed; and (2) All individuals attending the meeting must wear masks while in the Township Building.
- HOME COLLECTION PROGRAM FOR HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) and E-WASTE – As part of the residential solid waste contract with Waste Management, effective immediately, you have a convenient new opportunity to dispose of your household hazardous waste (HHW) – safely, easily and responsibly. Introducing the At Your Door Special Collection Program, a residential service offered by Waste Management to provide year-round collections for you. Click to See Waste Management Flyer for Full Details. Note: Senior Citizens are eligible for a discount, please call the 800 number on your Waste Management bill to receive discount.
- Visit our Fireworks FAQ page to learn about which types of fireworks residents are permitted to purchase and use, how these fireworks can and cannot be used and information regarding the permit application process for display fireworks. Learn more…
- Please visit out COVID-19 Updates page to view the message for Waste Management in regards to update services and procedures sure to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- 2021 Harrison Township Recycling Calendar & Recycling Guide
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations