Welcome to Harrison Township
Welcome to Harrison Township
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Announcements & Events
- TOWNSHIP ORDINANCE FOR DEPOSITING SNOW, LEAVES AND GRASS ON STREETS: Please do not rake fall leaves or shovel winter snow onto the street. The Public Works street sweeper cannot pick up fall leaves. Township snowplows cannot effectively clear the Township streets with residents putting their snow to the street. Failure to comply with this ordinance can result in up to a $300 fine. View this flier for more information.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT 2023 RATE STRUCTURE: Click to see the 2023 Waste Management Rate Structure.
- Building Block of Natrona is providing the “Veggies For All” program, check out www.everyblockcounts.org or call 724-257-1117 for details.
- ZONING/HEARING BOARD APPLICATIONS: Zoning/Hearing Board Applications will be taken until Thursday, January 19, 2023. If interested, please email your application to the Township Manager. View the application.
- MEETING AGENDA:
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Accounting Assistant This position performs administrative and professional work related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, budgeting and financial reporting. The position is responsible for front-line municipality communications and works closely with the township manager for HR and budget administration. To apply submit your resume and three professional references to Amy Rockwell, Harrison Township, PO Box 376, Natrona Heights, PA 15065.
- HOME COLLECTION PROGRAM FOR HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) and E-WASTE – As part of the residential solid waste contract with Waste Management, effective immediately, you have a convenient new opportunity to dispose of your household hazardous waste (HHW) – safely, easily and responsibly. Introducing the At Your Door Special Collection Program, a residential service offered by Waste Management to provide year-round collections for you. Click to See Waste Management Flyer for Full Details. Note: Senior Citizens are eligible for a discount, please call the 800 number on your Waste Management bill to receive discount.
- Visit our Fireworks FAQ page to learn about which types of fireworks residents are permitted to purchase and use, how these fireworks can and cannot be used and information regarding the permit application process for display fireworks. Learn more…
- Harrison Township 2023 Final Approved Budget (PDF)
- 2022 Harrison Township Recycling Calendar & Recycling Guide
- If you observe a streetlight outage, please contact FirstEnergy/West Penn Power: call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) and say “streetlight” after the greeting. You can also go to the web and file a report. When reporting an outage, please list your name and phone number, address where the streetlight is located (nearest house or business address and the nearest street); number on the utility pole; what is wrong with the streetlight (damaged pole, broken light fixture, light is off at night, flickers).
- West Penn Power would like to remind residents of various assistance programs available for Allegheny County residents, for information about available programs please view program brochure.
- Detailed information on how to dispose of household building material and carpeting, among other garbage disposal questions, can be found on the Garbage and Recycling page!
- Dumpsters and storage containers require a permit in Harrison Township. Bulk Container Permit Application
- Rental Properties require inspection: Harrison Township requires registration and inspection of rental properties PRIOR to occupancy with the Zoning and Ordinance Office. Landlord Rental License & Forms (PDF)
- Project DUMP aims to help prevent overdose deaths in Allegheny County
- When It Rains, It Drains
- Allegheny County Asbestos Rules & Regulations